Finally. The insulation has been blown in the walls. On the upstairs we decided to do foam insulation. The good news is once we finish insulation, we get to start putting all the pieces back together and this is the fun part. As you see, we had to remove all the wood off of all the walls so we could insulate. That big pile of wood in the middle has to go right back up again, then we can paint!
These are the original posts from the porch, they were a little too Victorian for me. I will salvage these guys and use them for legs on some cool farm tables.
We finished trimming out all the new columns on the front and back porch.
Simple but strong.
We re-worked the trim on the windows.
The windows were trimmed out very simple and then Chip found this picture below and when he saw the detail on the top of the windows, he wanted to do the same thing for our new windows. Good eye Chip! I like the detail and it looks original to the character of the house now.
Above is the Before Pic:
This picture shows what the house looked like when we first started it over a year ago, it was originally the back of the house.
And now it is the front of the house, I can't wait to sit on this front porch!
Now that we have the roof done, exterior details, and interior rough-ins, we can get started on cabinets, interior trim, and flooring! I will update you hopefully sooner than later!